Find Lost or Stolen Android Smartphone – Losing your Phone can be very painful experience, especially when it carries a lot of sensitive data within. And almost everyone, who uses a smartphone is using it for accessing the internet and installing applications from Play Store. Which means, you have to log-in into the Play Store application. And that’s all we need to Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Phone.
Guide to Find Lost or Stolen Android Smartphone :
There can be two scenarios, where you’ll not find your phone nearby. One, where you’ll lose it just inside your Home. And Second, when you really lost it or someone stole it. So, Let’s talk about, How to find lost or stolen android smartphone.
As explained in above paragraph. We’ll have a look at few inbuilt functionalities of android and some 3rd party applications. I hope these methods will definitely help you in finding your device. Let’s have a look at them.
#1. Where’s My Droid :
As I have a bad habit of misplacing my phone under my Bed, pocket of my pants etc. And the worst part is that it is on Silent or Vibration mode. Now, even when I call on it from some other phone, it seems very difficult to hear anything from anywhere.
So, I always have Where’s My Droid application installed on my phone. The main advantage of this application is that you simply need to send a special text message to your phone. When your phone receives the message, it will play the alert sound at Max. volume and keeps on playing until you find your phone.
Steps to Setup Where’s My Droid:
- Goto Play Store of your Device.
- Download the where’s My Droid Application.
- Open the Where’s My Droid application and open Settings.
- Open Secret Message, and setup you Secret Message for finding the device.
- Change other settings, if you want to.
- Save and Close the application.
Note: You need to, first of all, set that secret message. Whenever you’ll install this application. Explore the Setting menu of the application for more info. This application seems very beneficial for those careless guys like me, who keeps their phone anywhere in the Home.
#2. Android Device Manager
When your phone is really stolen by someone and it contains sensitive information. So, You need to setup Android Device Manager for detecting your lost device.
Health Note: Firstly, you need to tell this to someone elder, so he can suggest you some valuable solution and then definitely you need to goto some legal authorities and file a report for stolen phone and immediately block your phone numbers on the phone. Don’t try to recover your phone alone, You don’t need to be a Hero when it is stolen by some dangerous group. Because phones are not expensive than your life.
Steps to Enable Your android device Manager :
Android Device manager is a by Default application present in your android mobile phone, and to make it active. You need to follow the following steps.
- You just need to go into Device Settings.
- Open Security.
- Enable the Android device manager settings. Tick “Remotely Locate This Device” options and you’re safe.
- This little setup will make your Life much easier.
#3. Using Android Device Manager from Desktop :
After loosing your phone you can do following steps, in-order to locate your phone remotely.
- Just go to Android Device Manager.
- Log in with your Google account. You may get a prompt asking you for permission to allow Android Device Manager to use location data.
- Click on the “Accept” button to continue.
- There are various options, Choose Your Desired one like,
Location, Lock, Erase Data, wipe Phone etc.
- Select your option to proceed.
- Follow the instructions, and you’ll find your device.
Concluding this awesome article to help you out with your problem, with a Have a Safe finding! note.
At-last, I hope that you would like this Article. If you are in doubt or you have any query regarding anything related to this article. You can leave a comment below in the comment field. I will try to help you within 24 hours. Thanks.